Super Saturday 2023
Northwestern Michigan Community Action Agency welcomes the public to a FREE event for all ages at its 20th annual Super Saturday. An in-person event for 2023 for a full day of learning and access to this popular event is a day of education, community resources, and training for people experiencing poverty and all veterans in the Greater Grand Traverse Area. This FREE event features:
- Free tax preparation by IRS-certified professionals (pre-registration required)
- Free sandwich lunches provided by Jimmy John’s
- Free flu and COVID-19 vaccines provided by Traverse Health Clinic
- Prize drawings of up to $100 in value
- Every household receives a gas card by completing survey at the end of the event (2 p.m.)
- Free workshops
- Vendor booths from local agencies
“Each year, through this event, we are able to save participants over $100,000 collectively by helping them prepare their taxes,” said Karen Emerson, Manager of the Homeowner and Financial Empowerment Center for NMCAA. “When you couple that with the food commodity offering, and also the value in the workshops, the impact is even greater.”
This event is in partnership with the Michigan Works!, Father Fred, Goodwill, Northwest Education Services, DHHS, and NeighborWorks America. Super Saturday is generously sponsored by Huntington Bank, Consumers Energy, Jimmy John’s, and the Community Economic Development Association of Michigan.
Super Saturday Special is February 11, 2023, Registration begins at 9 a.m. Event is from 10 am to 2 pm at Career Tech Center 880 Parsons Road, Traverse City.
All tax appointments must be pre-registered. To register for this event, please call NMCAA at (231) 714-4696 or visit nmcaa.net