Struggling to make your mortgage or property tax payments? You're not alone. Let NMCAA get the weight off your shoulders! For free, we can:
- Offer financial assistance with missed payments
- Determine possibilities to lower your monthly payments
- Open up communication with your mortgage company
- Assist with loss mitigation and educate you on the foreclosure process
- Help you develop a budgeting plan
- Refer you to other community services
- Services are always free of charge!
Talk to us to get started:
231.714.4578 (call or text)
Tips to avoiding foreclosure:
- Create and follow a budget plan to reduce unnecessary expenses
- Maintain open communication with the lender. DO NOT ignore the situation!
- Do not agree to any refinance plans or loan modifications that will not be affordable
- Make sure to open and read all mail/notices regarding the mortgage
- Talk with a MHSDA Certified Foreclosure Prevention Counselor to learn more about the foreclosure process and all options available.
Our certified foreclosure prevention counselors are approved by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA). Obtaining help with loan modifications should always be free of charge. No company should ever accept money for helping a homeowner out of foreclosure.