Home Free Tax Preparation is Now Available
Free Tax Preparation is Now Available
We are offering free tax preparation services to low-to-moderate income families and individuals, seniors, persons with disabilities, and those with limited-English proficiency for its 17th year with in-seat appointments and limited drop-off services starting in February and running through April.
The program is staffed by IRS trained volunteers who prepare taxes electronically, free of charge. In addition to free preparation, it is also completely free to file both state and federal taxes through the agency. Many clients are surprised to learn they qualify for credits, such as the Earned Income Credit for low-income wage earners or the property tax credit, even if they rent. People that are on Social Security may qualify for credits even if they do not have earned income.
Here is a list of locations you can schedule an appointment.
- All 3 agency branches:
- 3963 Three Mile Road, Traverse City – (231) 947-3780
- 1640 Marty Paul Street, Cadillac – (231) 947-3780
- 2240 Mitchell Park Drive, Unit A, Petoskey – (231) 347-9070
- Michigan Works! Office, 1209 S. Garfield Road – (231) 947-3780
- Leland Library, 203 E. Cedar Street, Leland – (231) 256-9152
- First Baptist Church, 6781 M-66, Charlevoix – (231) 547-5361
- Benzie Senior Resources, 10542 Main Street, Honor – (231) 525-0600
Those interested in this free service may contact the main office at (231) 947-3780 or (800) 632-7334
For anyone that doesn’t need assistance preparing their returns and would like to do it themselves can utilize our free tax preparation software and receive free e-filing for both their state and federal returns on MYFREETAXES.COM. Don’t pay to file!