Home and Building Performance
Home Performance is how all the various aspects of your home work together and how they affect efficiency, comfort, durability and the health and safety of its occupants. In homes that have improved performance the outcomes are proven:
- 19% average savings on Natural Gas & Propane
- 8% average savings on Electric use
- Decreased the incidence of medical attention because a home was too cold or too hot by 57%
- Children who were too cold to study reduced by 55%
- People who missed more than one week of work reduced by 8%
- Individuals who missed more than one week of school reduced by 10%
In businesses the outcomes are also proven. According to Judith Heerwagen, a former scientist with the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory who is now a program expert with the General Services Administration, productivity and the workplace are related in these ways:
- “A building can positively affect ability by providing comfortable ambient conditions, by enabling individual control and adjustment of conditions, and by reducing health and safety risks. Negative impacts on ability to do work are associated with conditions that are uncomfortable, distracting, hazardous or noxious.
- “A building can positively affect motivation by providing conditions that promote positive affective functioning, psychological engagement and personal control. Moods create the ‘affective context’ for thought processes and behaviors and are directly tied to motivation.
- “A building can affect opportunity by providing equitable access to conditions that reduce health and safety risks, equitable access to amenities and compensatory design options where inequities exist and are difficult to eliminate entirely.”
A Home and Building Performance Analysis is needed by anyone wanting their home or business to operate at its potential for efficiency, comfort and health. From new custom built homes to older manufactured homes, hospitality to medical use buildings, anyone who wants to get the most out of their investment can benefit from our services.
Are some rooms too cold in the winter or too hot in the summer?
Ice damming on the roof?
Feel drafts from the windows?
Allergies, chronic illnesses, etc.?
Unless the home or building is tested as a whole system you may end up throwing good money away chasing the root of the issue.
Contact us today to schedule a Home or Building Performance Analysis:
Building Performance Unit
3963 Three Mile Road
Traverse City, MI 49686
(231) 947-3780 or (800) 632-7334