Northwest Mighigan Community Action Agency (NMCAA) welcomes volunteers and interns. We have three offices (Traverse City, Petoskey and Cadillac) and many child development centers throughout 10 counties in the northwest lower region of Michigan. We can accommodate groups of students or individual volunteers. Verification certificates are available to those who request them.
NMCAA has many opportunities for volunteering. Here is a list of areas for you to volunteer:
- Triage - Help welcome new clients to our agency by answering phone calls and greeting walk-ins. Guide your neighbors in need to the correct services, programs, and staff member
- Super Saturday - Volunteer at our Super Saturday fairs in one of the many ways (greeting, child care, food preparation, setup/cleanup, registration, and more)
- Food Programs - Help distribute or deliver food and meals to your neighbors in need
- Fundraising Events - Volunteer with us while we are planning and putting on events to raise money to help provide emergency services to our community members
- Tax Preparation - during the tax season, help with free preparation and e-filing of income taxes for income eligible families and individuals in our communities
- Internships - Volunteer with us while earning credits for your class. Internships may include grant writing, marketing, even planning, and other needs
- General Volunteer - Our counselors and staff members could always use a hand around the office. If you've got some time and would like to donate some, let us know!
To become a NMCAA Volunteer, please contact Latitia Garthe-Shiner, (231) 947-3780 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This page last updated on 12/9/2014.