Home Improvement Services
Funding for Emergency Repairs using grants or 0% deferred loans, including:
- Installing or repairing wells or septic systems
- Repairing or replacing heating units or water heaters
- Repairing or replacing a roof that is leaking and damaging the interior of the home
- Repairing foundations that threaten the structural stability
- Providing handicap accessibility to the home or to bathroom facilities
- Repairing or replacing dangerous electrical connections
- Repairing plumbing leaks
- Emergency repairs or replacements that present a health and safety risk to the household occupants* Must be income-eligible, owner occupied & have ownership for a minimum of 1 year. Mortgage, Homeowner's Insurance and Property taxes must be up to date.**Emergency home repair funds are limited. Referrals will also be provided to other organizations for possible assistance.
Provides free energy conservation measures to assist income-eligible homeowners and renters in reducing their home heating costs.
- Home Energy Audit
- Updated Ventilation System
- Weather Stripping. Caulking, or General Air Sealing Furnace, Water Heater, Refrigerator Tune-Up or Replacement
- Attic, Foundation, Wall or Sill Box Insulation
Click the "Start Here" to fill out a pre-screen for services. For program information, contact
NMCAA's Housing & Energy Efficiency Services at (231) 947-3780 or email HEESintake@nmcaa.net
* Homes cannot be for sale, in foreclosure, or being remodeled at the time of inspection. Homes must be occupied by the applicant.
** Weatherization Assistance Program is not an emergency program, and may take up to a year after application approval before the Energy Audit takes place