The program is staffed by IRS trained volunteers who prepare taxes electronically, free of charge. In addition to free preparation, it is also completely free to file both state and federal taxes through the agency. Many clients are surprised to learn they qualify for credits, such as the Earned Income Credit for low-income wage earners or the property tax credit, even if they rent. People that are on Social Security may qualify for credits even if they do not have earned income.
View the flyer to share with your friends, neighbors, and you community.
Here is a list of locations you can schedule an appointment.
- 3963 Three Mile Road, Traverse City - (231) 947-3780
- 1640 Marty Paul Street, Cadillac - (231) 775-9781
- 2240 Mitchell Park Drive, Unit A, Petoskey - (231)347-9070
- Michigan Works! Office, 1209 S. Garfield Road, Traverse City - (231) 947-3780
- Leland Library, 203 E. Cedar Street, Leland - (231) 256-9152
- First Baptist Church, 6781 M-66, Charlevoix - (231) 547-4121
- Benzie Senior Resources, 10542 Main Street, Honor - (231) 525-0600
- Inland Township Hall, 19668 Honor Highway, Interlochen - (231) 947-3780
For anyone that doesn’t need assistance preparing their returns and would like to do it themselves can utilize our free tax preparation software and receive free e-filing for both their state and federal returns at MYFREETAXES.COM. Don’t pay to file!