We are open for tax preparation all summer!
It may be warm out now, but it’s not too late to get money BACK on what you paid in heat costs last year. NMCAA can help you file the Michigan Home Heating Credit Claim on your taxes!
This low-moderate income credit is available to SO MANY Michigan residents:
- People WITH or WITHOUT tax filing requirements
- Residents with earned income OR unearned, fixed income (SSI, SSA, SSDI)
- It’s available to homeowners AND renters
- Renters with heat included in rent costs may qualify
- People with heat costs included in subsidizing or service-fee housing
- And it’s also available to those with deliverable heat sources like wood, pellets, or propane!
We’re also available to file up to 4 years’ worth of back taxes for FREE. Homeowners and renters alike may also qualify for the Homestead Property Tax Credit on their state taxes -which can be worth up to $1,500 for some households.
Check out our options below for getting started with us.
1. THE USUAL WAY
To receive your required intake paperwork the usual way, you can download it yourself by clicking the link below!
You can also call our office to request a packet be sent.
2. SKIP THE PAPERWORK, UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENTS AND WE DO THE REST!
Go to getyourrefund.org/NMCAA to upload your documents directly to our tax preparers. Through this platform you can receive step by step updates on where your tax return is at in the process!
3. OR DO IT ALL YOURSELF
An easy, fast, self-facilitated program backed by H&R Block, the IRS, and the United Way, https://myfreetaxes.com/ offers FREE file for simple returns and low-fee file for self-employed returns!