Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels of NMCAA COVID-19 Mitigation Plan
During this time of heightened concern and uncertainty around the spread of COVID-19, we are committed to the safety, health, and well-being of the seniors and families we service, our staff, and volunteers.
We are taking precautions at all levels of our organization and working with our staff and volunteers to practice recommendations from the CDC from which we have developed procedures.
We have received recommendations from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) for COVID-19, and are implementing the following plan based on these recommendations:
1. Congregate meals will be suspended beginning Monday, March 16, 2020 until further notice.
2. Home-delivered meals are suspended on Monday and Tuesday, March 16 and March 17, 2020 (Seniors previously received shelf-stable meals or have other support.)
3. Staff will contact current home delivered meal recipients to determine need for once weekly delivery of frozen meals to begin Wednesday, March 18, 2020 through April 5, 2020, at which time further operations will be evaluated.
4. Staff will also be conducting friendly assurance/safety checks during the course of the week.
5. Suggested meal donations will remain $3.00/meal.
Meals on Wheels of NMCAA is prepared to address the challenges presented in the coming weeks and/or months both strategically and with the best interests of our seniors and all of our staff and volunteers in mind.
If you have questions/concerns, or would like copies of the NMCAA Home-Visiting Policy and Procedures or MDHHS Recommendations, please call Meals on Wheels of NMCAA at 1-800-632-7334 or 1-231-947-3780.
POSTPONED - March for Meals "Think Spring Event" at Moomers Homemade Ice Cream, 7263 N Long Lake Rd, Traverse City. There will be a special Hot Fudge Sundae Bar and all proceeds from this will go directly towards providing hot, nutritious meals and "so much more than a meal" to homebound seniors in our community.
Thank you t-o our sponsors:
(Your logo here! - contact Lisa Robitshek 231-346-2112)
Senior Nutrition offers Meals On Wheels and senior luncheon locations. We operate in the Counties of Grand Traverse, Leelanau, Manistee, Missaukee and Wexford.
For Information on Meals on Wheels or a luncheon Site near you call:
Lisa Robitshek, Jennifer Watkins, or David Hagen @ 231-947-3780
Chuck Dolley @ 231-775-9781
Bonnie Kruse @ 231-723-6461
For General information on all locations call 1-800-632-7334