Emergency Home Repair Assistance is available for Benzie County residents thanks to a Grant generously provided by the Benzie County Community Chest. Please contact Leslie Casselman in our Home Repair Program for further information or call NMCAA at (800) 632-7334 x2121.
- You must own your home and have lived there for at least one year
- If you have a mortgage or land contract, you must be up to date
- You must be current on your property taxes and have a home insurance policy
- You must have equity in the property to support the loan for the cost of the repairs
- Your gross household income must be under 80% of the Area Median Income for your county: follow this link to HUD and view your county’s income guidelines (click on the first option)
- You do not have any financial judgements that could threaten ownership of the home
The Program can provide assistance with repairs such as:
- Installing or repairing well and septic systems
- Replacing failing or inefficient heating systems and water heaters
- Roof replacements
- Replacing windows and doors
- Repairing foundations or providing structural stability
- Replacing deteriorated siding or porches
- Providing handicap accessibility
- Plumbing and electrical repairs or upgrades
- Lead-based paint testing and remediation
- And more…
Funding is limited and may not be accessible for all counties at all times. Available funds are distributed on a first-come first-served basis. After income eligibility is determined, the property is inspected for project feasibility.
Other Home Repair Program funds
Foundation or private grants are sometimes available for emergency repairs. Call NMCAA’s Home Repair Program for more information about this Program or for referrals to other organizations who may be able to assist.
For details on applying for any of these programs call (800) 632-7334 or e-mail Leslie Casselman at firstname.lastname@example.org. This institution is an equal opportunity employer, provider and lender. *The hearing impaired should contact us through the Michigan Relay Center at (800) 649-3777.