Home Services Home Improvement Home Repair
Emergency Home Repair Program
Emergency Home Repair Assistance is available for homeowners, who have occupied their home for at least one year, residing in Antrim, Benzie, Charlevoix, Grand Traverse, Emmet, Leelanau, Missaukee and Wexford Counties. These municipalities have home repair funds that NMCAA is allocating to their residents, The repair must present a health and safety concern to the occupants.
Homeowners must be current on a mortgage and property taxes and proof of insurance must be provided and remain valid throughout the life of the loan.
**Funding for the cost of the repair is a 0% interest loan with no monthly payment if assistance is $2501 or greater. Loans are payable at transfer of ownership. Repairs under $2,500 offered as a grant with no payment required
Other Home Repair Assistance
This Emergency Program can assist with repairs such as:
• Installing or repairing wells or septic systems
• Repairing or replacing heating units or water heaters
• Repairing or replacing a roof that is leaking and damaging the interior of the home
• Repairing foundations that threaten the structural stability
• Providing handicap accessibility to the home or to bathroom facilities
• Repairing or replacing dangerous electrical connections
• Repairing plumbing leaks
• Other repairs that effect the well-being of the occupants
Emergency home repair funds are limited. Referrals will also be provided to other organizations for possible assistance. For further information and the requirements to apply for any of these programs, contact Housing & Energy Efficiency Services at (231) 947-3780 or HEESintake@nmcaa.net.
NMCAA is an equal opportunity employer, provider and lender. The hearing impaired should contact us through the Michigan Relay Center at (800) 649-3777.
Click the "Start Here" to fill out a pre-screen for services. For program information, contact
NMCAA's Housing & Energy Efficiency Services at (231) 947-3780 or email HEESintake@nmcaa.net