Emergency Home Repair Assistance is available for homeowners residing in Antrim, Benzie, Charlevoix, Grand Traverse, and Wexford Counties. These municipalities have home repair funds that NMCAA is allocating to their residents, The repair must present a health and safety concern to the occupants. Find out more here.
Other Home Repair Assistance
This Emergency Program can assist with repairs such as:
• Installing or repairing wells or septic systems
• Repairing or replacing heating units or water heaters
• Repairing or replacing a roof that is leaking and damaging the interior of the home
• Repairing foundations that threaten the structural stability
• Providing handicap accessibility to the home or to bathroom facilities
• Repairing or replacing dangerous electrical connections
• Repairing plumbing leaks
• Other repairs that effect the well-being of the occupants
Emergency home repair funds are limited. Referrals will also be provided to other organizations for possible assistance. For further information and the requirements to apply for any of these programs, contact Leslie Casselman or call (231) 346-2121. Please include the county where the home is located in your correspondence.
NMCAA is an equal opportunity employer, provider and lender. The hearing impaired should contact us through the Michigan Relay Center at (800) 649-3777.
Homeowner Rehabilitation Assistance is also available from funding provided by the Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA). These HOME Grant funds can be used in specific targeted areas. If your home is located in Garfield Charter Township, East Bay Township or the City of Cadillac you would be eligible to apply. Please contact Leslie Casselman for further information or by calling (800) 632-7334 x2121.
• Must be your primary residence and have lived in the home for at least 1 year
• Must have income under 80% of the Area Median Income for your county: follow this link to HUD and view your county’s income guidelines (click on the first option)
• Must be up-to-date on mortgage or land contract payments and property taxes
• Must have the home fully insured
Funding is provided as a zero percent interest loan with no monthly payment. 50% of the loan is forgiven after 5 years with remaining balance due in full after 20 years. No credit check is required however, no financial judgements can exist that could threaten ownership of the home.
These HOME funds are limited and will be distributed on a first-come first-served basis. After application eligibility is determined, the property must also be inspected to determine if the rehabilitation can be achieved with the funding that is available.