Home Get Involved
Northwest Michigan Community Action Agency (NMCAA) welcomes volunteers and interns! We have offices in Traverse City, Petoskey and Cadillac as well as many child development centers throughout the northwest lower region of Michigan. We can accommodate groups or individual volunteers with both short-term volunteering and long-term opportunities. Verification certificates are available to those who request them.
NMCAA has many opportunities for volunteering -- check them out for yourself!
- Front Desk Reception - Help welcome new clients to our agency by answering phone calls and greeting walk-ins! Guide your neighbors in need to the correct services and programs. Flexible hours, mornings preferred. Training provided!
- Head Start- Volunteering in one of our many children’s Center Based Head Start Classrooms is a great way to make a difference! We are also always in need of classroom substitutes! Just like volunteers, the time needed to contribute is flexible.
- Super Saturday - Volunteer at our Super Saturday fair held once a year in February. We need greeters, childcare helpers, food preparation assistance, setup/cleanup, registration volunteers, and more!
- Food Programs - Help distribute or deliver food and meals to your neighbors in need.
- Tax Preparation - during the tax season, help with free tax preparation and e-filing of income taxes for income eligible families and individuals in our communities. 40-hour IRS training and certification provided!
- Internships – Make a difference in your community while earning credits for your degree! Internships may include grant writing, marketing, event planning, and working one on one with community members who are applying for our programs. Contact us to see which departments are offering internships at this time.
- One day volunteering - Our staff members could always use a hand around the office with special projects or upcoming events. If you have some free time and would like to donate some, let us know!
To become a NMCAA Volunteer, please contact Brittney Grzesiak (231) 947-3780 for more information or email completed applications to email@example.com.