Meals for students
- Glen Lake Community Schools — Home deliveries March 18, 20, 23, 25 and 27
- Leland Public Schools — 11 a.m. March 19, 23 and 26 at Leland Public Schools, St. Mary School and Bingham Boat Launch
- Northport Public Schools — March 18, 23 and 25
- Suttons Bay Public Schools — Drive through the school and Leelanau Christian Neighbors in Lake Leelanau March 17-20, 23-27
Leslie Meyers, Antrim County Emergency Services Coordinator, (o) 231-533-6569, (c) 231-632-6080
Health Department of Northwest Michigan, 231-347-5628 (main office) or 800-386-5959 (public health information line)
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services statewide hotline for health-related questions, 888-535-6136
McLaren Northern Michigan hotline, 231-487-5550
Kyle Marshall, corporate chef for Magnum Hospitality, (231) 838-1975
TBA Credit Union Service Center, 231-946-7090
McLaren Northern Michigan offers a telehealth service for $29, 800-248-6777
Northern Michigan Community Action Agency Meals on Wheels information: Grand Traverse and Leelanau counties: Lisa Robitshek, Jennifer Watkins or David Hagen, 231-947-3780; Wexford and Missaukee counties: Chuck Dolley, 231-775-9781; Manistee County: Bonnie Kruse, 231-723-6461
Michigan musician Joshua Davis offers online songwriting, guitar, banjo, ukulele and mandolin lessons for all ages. People can message him through Instagram.
Michigan unemployment benefits and Work Share program, Michigan.gov/UIA or 1-866-500-0017
Michigan Economic Development Corporation, 888-522-0103
Old Mission Bakery, 813 S. Garfield, offers free bread daily to anyone in need, 231-421-7018
Online fitness classes through MOSSA, including Strength Train Together, Cardio Step Together and Active Together. Workouts are free for up to 60 days. https://bit.ly/2WpRnU6
Bayview Inn collects donations of feminine hygiene products for girls who cannot access them while schools are closed.
Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians services: Tribal Manager Sonya Zotigh, Sonya.Zotigh@gtbindians.com or GTB Health Director Soumit Pendharkar, 231-631-2978.
The National Rifle Association offers its Experienced Hunter Education Course for free. Course includes a review of firearm safety and safe hunting practices, 800-672-3888
Social and emotional health numbers:
- 24-hour mental health crisis line: 1-833-295-0616 (Northern Lakes Community Mental Health-FAST)
- Crisis counselor text line (24/7, national service): text HOME to 741741
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- OK2SAY: https://www.michigan.gov/ok2say/
- For medical or safety emergencies, call 9-1-1.
People eligible for Students in Transition Empowerment Program (STEP) with unmet needs, contact Abby Jordan at 231-933-5901.
Michigan’s Child Nutrition programs: Office of Health and Nutrition Services’ Director Diane Golzynski, 517-241-5374 or firstname.lastname@example.org